The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
Shelby, MI (On-site)
LumaSmart is an ISO 9001 certified domestic, custom LED circuit board supplier and assembler. We provide both design and manufacturing services, with a primary focus on the LED lighting market, supplying primarily lighting OEMs, programmable boards, and lighting module drivers. LumaSmart is seeking a well-rounded electrical engineer with experience in AC/DC conversion, current knowledge of IoT, Industry 4.0, and must possess a positive attitude to join our team.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
- This position will be responsible for development of LED module solutions to meet the requested requirements from the field. Some of these requirements may include:
- AC and DC powered LED circuit designs
- Printed Circuit Board gerber design using Diptrace software
- Experience with surface mount technology and printed circuit board materials including laminates, surface finish, and solder mask.
- Knowledge and skills using AutoCAD for 2D mechanical drawings
- 3D CAD modeling experience a plus
- Horticultural design knowledge
- White and RGBW applications with color tuning
- Secondary Optic Specification/Design
- Incorporation of Heat Sinks and thermal dissipation
- Knowledge of LED testing to calculate lumens/Watt efficacy and photosynthetic energy in umols/J and PPF/Watt using an integrating sphere
- Developing solutions around controls
- Software Integration with power supplies and drivers
- ISO 9001 standard operating procedures and practices
- Bring new ideas to the table for R&D growth and patent submissions
LumaSmart is looking for an engineer with 3-5 years of experience designing LED solutions, or a mix of education and experience. We are looking for a candidate who can bring skills, knowledge, creativity, and ambition to the table.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required to meet with customers/suppliers. < 10%
This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Bachelors Degree Required
- Work Location: One location
End of Line Inspector
Shelby, MI (On-site)
LumaSmart is a premier, custom electronics board manufacturer that specializes in LED and surface mount technologies. LumaSmart manufactures electronic assemblies including circuit boards, LED light engines, and complete fixture builds.
Looking for hard-working and motivated individuals to join our End of Line Inspector team. We will train. No background checks.
1st and 2nd shifts available. 2nd shift pay $1.00 shift premium
Responsible for ensuring ALL PCB boards are 100% Inspected, checking parts regularly against the Bill of Material (BOM) and maintaining quality control/procedures and processes. Reports to End of Line Supervisor.
We cross-train all employees in other departments and provide opportunities for advancement. Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, paid time off, and a 401K program. Reliable transportation is a must. Must pass drug test as a condition of employment. Marijuana ok.
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligibleApply
Request a Free Quote!
Submit your name and email below and we'll be in touch.